INGREDIENTS (for 4 people)
- 500g tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 handful basil (chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf of crusty bread (14 slices)
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat oven to 200°. On a baking tray, place sliced bread and coat with olive oil on both sides. Toast until golden brown (approx. 5 minutes).
- Serve over freshly toasted bread and garnish with more basil.
- You can also sauté the onion and garlic beforehand so that the flavour is not as intense or alternatively rub the bread with a garlic clove for a more subtle flavour.