Ingredients (for four people)
- 50g almonds
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 bunch of mint
- 70g parmesan
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 150ml olive oil
- 800g Gnocchi
- salt and pepper
- Toast almonds in a pan without oil.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook peas for 5 minutes. Strain, cool in ice cold water, strain again and allow to drain well.
- Meanwhile, chop the mint. Peel and press the garlic. Finely grate 30g of Parmesan, grate the rest (40g) into fine shavings.
- Mix peas with almonds, chopped mint, garlic, grated parmesan and 100ml oil and mash coarsely with a potato masher or fork. Alternatively, a food processor can be used. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refine with maple syrup.
- Heat remaining oil (50ml) in a large frying pan and fry gnocchi until golden brown.
- Serve gnocchi with pesto and garnish with parmesan shavings. Coarsely pluck mint, sprinkle on top and serve.
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)öol