INGREDIENTS (for 4 people)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 600g corn (either on the cob or from a can, drained)
- 40g pickled jalapeños
- 1l vegetable stock
- 150g crème fraîche
- 150g grilled artichokes (drained)
- 1 Tbsp cayenne
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°. Roughly chop onion. Add to a baking dish with the corn and artichokes. Drizzle over oil. Roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To a pot add the roasted vegetables, minced garlic, half of the jalapeños and the stock. Season with paprika and cayenne, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup with an emergent blender or in a food processor. Stir in the crème fraîche.
- Serve soup with tortilla chips. Garnish with jalapeños and more crème fraîche.